Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Another Year Older...

Well, my birthday was Sunday (4 June) and I am now 36 years old. 35 really bothered me, but 36 is just a number, as they say. I had a wonderful day, starting with church and breakfast with my parents. I then had a performance of Kiss Me, Kate which went extremely well. After the show several friends treated me to drinks at Rojo (a local Mexican restaurant) and then Melissa took me to a wonderful barbeque dinner. All in all, a very nice birthday!

The season finale of The Sopranos was a snoozer. Hardly worth mentioning. Frank Capra would have appreciated the "It's A Wonderful Life" ending, but in terms of an HBO drama, it wasn't much.

There is a little drama surrounding Kiss Me, Kate. Paul McCracken, who plays the role of Harry/Baptista, is having emergency eye surgery tomorrow to repair a detatched retina. Andy, our director, will be taking his role this weekend. I'm sure Andy will be fine in the part, but we will certainly miss Paul.

Primary results are coming in, and unfortunately my candidate (Don Seigelman) is not doing well. It looks like our current Lieutenant Governor, Lucy Baxley, will be the Democratic nominee. I would have preferred Seigelman, but Baxley will get my vote in November.

FLT3

No comments: