Monday, May 12, 2008

Considering All Options...

When to concede? That's a tough question...

Our girl Hillary has been doing an excellent job of playing catch-up with Barak Obama, but she seems to be consistently "one step short." While it is still mathematically possible for her to overtake his lead, it is highly unlikely to say the least.

At this point, I am attempting to balance realism with hope. I think our best bet is the vice presidency, and I expect the landslide victories that are supposedly looming imminent in tomorrow's primaries will boost the argument in her favor. It would seem unlikely that either candidate could beat John McCain without the other on the ticket. "Vice President Clinton" doesn't have quite the same ring as "President Clinton," but I could live with it.

Make no mistake...when the inevitable happens, Obama is my candidate, and I will do my best to make him my president. I do, however, still maintain that a Clinton/Obama ticket would have been much more electable...I fear the Republican machine will eat Obama for lunch.

On other fronts, The Music Man is coming along well, springtime is here, and I had a delightful trip to Orlando last week. (I now have two Florida trips to discuss...must do that in an upcoming post...)


In today's News From The Motherland... Sir Paul and Heather finally split officially...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7395872.stm

HILLARY IN '08!!!

FLT3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fear that Hillary might be losing her mind. Unfortunately it's clearly over for her, but she keeps going... and, she's now starting to sound like a crazy woman. I'm still supporting her, but she clearly can't win. Maybe she's waiting for Obama to call her with a deal to be VP... but, that call might not come. Oh well... I guess I have to start getting ready to say Obama in '08.