Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shipwrecked...?

Well, this has been an eventful few days! Yesterday I arrived in New York to audition for the touring production of "Gilligan's Island:The Musical." I think the audition went well, and I was asked to read for the roles of The Professor, The Skipper, and Thurston Howell III. While I would obviously be thrilled with any of the three, anyone who knows me well (or at all for that matter) can guess what my first choice would be! :-)
It was nice to see my friend Lloyd Schwartz, who wrote the show and was at the auditions. We did not get to do much more than say hello, unfortunately, as I got into the city yesterday afternoon and he flew out last night. Oh well, hopefully I will see him at rehearsal in January (fingers duly crossed!)
I am staying until Sunday with another good friend, Jonathan Goldstein, who lives here now. We had a good visit last night, and are going to hang out in the city today and possibly see "Young Frankenstein" tonight. I think we are going to try and go to the Museum of Natural History today.
While NYC is always fun, the actual process of getting here has been rough. Between fog, delayed planes, etc. I barely made it. I have no idea when I will get my suitcase, which wound up at LaGuardia while I flew into JFK. They are supposed to deliver it to Goldstein's, but they're going to call me first...which will be difficult because my phone charger is in my suitcase and my phone is dead. C'est la vie, I suppose... it looks like I will be buying yet another charger today...

In other news, OBAMA WINS PRESIDENCY!!!!!!! (I can still see the headline! :-) I have a feeling of optimism and hope for the USA that I have not felt in years...and if Hillary becomes Secretary of State, well, that's not a bad consolation prize. I still wish she had been nominated/elected, but President-Elect Obama will do an outstanding job.

In today's News From The Motherland... Her Majesty gets a look at Facebook..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/berkshire/7728760.stm

FLT3

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I figured your phone had died!!! Have fun in the city! Tell Jonathan "hi" for me.

Darrell said...

They should just grab the cast from the show at VST. NYC auditions from all over beat our Thurston, our Professor, et al? Harumph!