Friday, December 02, 2005

Cinderella Arrives

Once again, it's opening night. Cinderella has come together beautifully, and is going to be a very good show. Melissa has done a nice job directing, the sets & costumes are quite impressive, and the performers are well-rehearsed and ready to go. Of course, it's just a little too sugar-sweet for my tastes, but the kids should love it, and it's extremely family-friendly...perfect for the holidays!
I have been substitute teaching all week at Vestavia High School, which has been good for the bank account, but I decided to take today as a day of catching up on school and a few other things. We are signing the contract for our new office at Virginia Samford Theatre today. It will be good to be there, and the office itself has a cozy, comfortable feel. The people at VST are very nice and accomodating, and I am looking forward to having our office up and running.
Looking ahead to The King & I, we have auditions coming up in about three weeks. I'm excited about directing the show, and judging by the advance interest that has been expressed to me, we should have an excellent cast.
It's FREEZING today. Just thought I'd share that.
FLT3

No comments: