Monday, July 10, 2006

Here We Go Again...

Today was a fun day. We started our second CenterStage Rising Star workshop of the summer. This time the older kids (with a few younger ones joining us) are enjoying classes in acting, music, stage combat, and dance. At the end of three weeks, they will be presenting the musical The Boyfriend, which is one of my favorites. I am very impressed with this group of kids...they are all well behaved and enormously talented.

The violence at the World Cup has been distressing. The Frenchman who was involved in the head-butting was apparently provoked by a comment from one of the Italian players. It's easy to sit calmly here at the computer and say "no words should ever lead to physical violence," but if someone had called my mother a terrorist (as is rumored to have happened) I'd probably want to punch the guy out, too. I would hope that I am civilized enough not to act on that impulse, but if you're already playing for The World Cup, I guess emotions are running pretty high.

Weirdness...I've had the song "Rhiannon" running through my head all day. Now, it's a great classic and all that, but I don't remember all the words, so it's been going something like this:

Na na na na doo doo doo doo
Who will be your lover?
Dee dee dee dee boo boo boo
Something something lover...
Bum bum bum if she promised you heaven,
La la ever will...
Dum dum ever will...

If anyone reading this knows all the lyrics, please send them to me. I'm really getting tired of just humming through 2/3 of the song. :-)

Only three more shopping days until Guy Fawkes Day. I suppose fireworks would be appropriate...God save the queen!

Not much else to report. Cheers for now!

FLT3

No comments: