Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day and Off To The Motherland...

Happy Boxing Day!!!

Yes, Christmas has come and gone, and tomorrow we leave for The Motherland...14 CenterStagers and I are departing for London tomorrow afternoon. We will be there for a week, and I am ready to get there! This time tomorrow, I will be approaching The Sceptered Isle... Friday night brings Lord Of The Rings at Her Majesty's Theatre, and the week beckons beyond that...

The holidays were, as always, wonderful. My mother truly outdid herself on Christmas dinner, which was simple but outrageously good...standing rib roast (medium rare, of course) with a mountain of mashed potatoes, green peas, and salad. Add some melt-in-your-mouth garlic rolls, a pretty decent merlot, and some lemon cake and ice cream...and that was Christmas dinner at chez mum and dad. I honestly don't remember when I've had a better meal. :-)

Saw Sweeney Todd last night with some friends. I loved it, but I am not a Sweeney purist. I understand that to those who are persnickety about such things, the singing by Depp and Bonham-Carter was not up to the stage version, but I really enjoyed the film.

Not sure what internet access will be like for the next week, but will try to post from time to time.

Today's News From The Motherland...will be reported in person ASAP. :-)

FLT3

1 comment:

Hewy Nosleep said...

Glad to hear about Depp. I'm suppose to see the movie tonight.