Friday, March 10, 2006

After a little break...

...I am glad to post again. The past week or two have been very busy with King & I opening, and lots of teaching duties between subbing and teaching voice (at Music Plus Studios, which is working out very well.)
The show is phenomenal, and I am SO PROUD of the work the cast and crew have done. They have all put in much time and effort, and it shows. Ticket sales have been pretty good, and this weekend is looking very promising at the box office.
Nothing else really new or exciting going on. I start rehearsal for Dolly Dooley's Big Break at Birmingham Children's Theatre on the 20th, and I am looking forward to it. BCT is a very well respected company, and I'm glad to be in the loop with them.

The news is filled with stories about the three kids who allegedly set the church fires in Bibb County and elsewhere...such a waste. All three of these seem to have been relatively good kids, whose lives are now ruined because of a stupid and senseless situation that should have never taken place. One of our cast members is a recent graduate of BSC, and knew the suspects. He echoed everyone else in describing them as fun-loving, "normal" people.
What's really sad is that these kids will most likely be in their 50s or 60s when they finally get out of prison. Even if they live 30 years after their release, what sort of lives will they lead? As ex-cons who have spent most of their lives in prison, will they even be able to relate to the outside world anymore? Who will hire them for a job? Who will accept them socially? It truly is a terrible situation all around.

On a brighter note, the weather is absolutely GLORIOUS today!!! Blue skies, high temp of about 77 degrees, light breeze...PERFECT! I am looking forward to enjoying it as soon as school is out. (I am subbing at VHHS today.)

That's all for now. If you haven't yet seen The King And I, please catch one of our three remaining performances! :-)

FLT3

2 comments:

Aaron White said...

Hey Frank, King and I was a blast! I'm amazed that such production values can be achieved on a local level, especially since, as the cast members told me, it was on a short production schedule.

I'd seen King and I as a kid, but I hadn't been prepared for the sophistication of the show. The number "Is a Puzzlement" blows me away-it's almost exactly what's running through my head all the time when I'm not thinking about money or women.

I made myself laugh later on, imagining you pouring over the script (or is that libretto?) and trying to find somewhere you could slip a little girl-on-girl action into it. Better luck next time!

geekzapoppin said...

I absolutely refuse to see KING & I. Well, only because I live in Cincinnati and am in the process of moving. But still, I REFUSE!!!

:)

Skippy