Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dolly Dooley Arrives

Apologies to those faithful few who might have missed my postings over the past couple of weeks. I have been remiss in adding new blog comments, but will try to be better about keeping things up-to-date.

Tomorrow morning at 10:00am is the opening of Dolly Dooley's Big Break, my first show with Birmingham Children's Theatre. The show has come together well, and I am sure the kids (and adults) who see it will have a good time.

We're also well into rehearsal for CenterStage's production of Kiss Me, Kate. I am playing the role(s) of Fred/Petruchio, which is a part I have wanted to do for a long time. It was the first Broadway lead performed by Andy Gainey, who was my voice teacher/mentor/friend for many years. I am hopeful that AG will be up there on a cloud, guiding my performance. If I am correct, AG was the first replacement for Alfred Drake in the original Broadway production. I really wish he was here to see me do the role.

I am currently on my soapbox about gas prices. With the cost per gallon inching ever closer to $3.00 per gallon, I am wondering when the bottom will start to fall out of the Republican support for this idiot robber baron in The White House. Although the most rabid neocons have stuck by Dubya, the rank & file Republicans must be getting tired of enriching the oil-bajillionaire Bush family every day at the gas pump. "One-Shot" Dick Cheney hasn't gone on any hunting trips lately, so there's not much that's newsworthy to draw attention away from the gas station larceny taking place.

And that's today's sermon...

FLT3

No comments: