Friday, April 21, 2006

A Stormy Day...

Today is getting increasingly cloudy and the thunder and lightning are getting stronger by the minute. I always enjoy this time of year...the warmth, the blossoming greenery, and the thunderstorms. As strange as it sounds, thunderstorms always make me sleepy. I love to take a nap during a really loud storm.

It's interesting to me to contemplate how the weather can affect one's mood. Cold, cloudy days are about the only days of winter I can actually enjoy. It sounds weird, but I find cold, sunny days depressing. Maybe it's because it looks warm, but it isn't. Warm, sunny days are the best, but sometimes a hot, windy, cloudy-thunderstorm afternoon is really wonderful.

This subject has made the "Winnie The Pooh Blustery Day" song run through my head...

"Today it seems,
And it may turn out to be feels,
It most undoubtably looks
Like a rather blustery day."

Funny thing...I can remember a song I learned over 30 years ago, but sometimes I can't recall my zip code.

FLT3

No comments: