Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gettin' Old...

Yesterday (4 June) was my birthday...and it was very pleasant. I received good wishes, lovely gifts, and sincere warmth from family & friends. As birthdays go, it was great.

I am also a year older. While 38 is not exactly dotage, I am starting to notice a few early signs of wear. The fact that I am doing "The Music Man" again just points out some of the inevitable signs of aging. My first time to play Harold Hill (not counting high school) was 11 years ago. At 27, I pretty much glided through the role, barely breaking a sweat. Going out for drinks and fun after rehearsal was a daily routine. At 38, I still feel confident in my ability to bring Professor Hill to life with appropriate zest, but by the end of the performance, I'm pooped. The energy level just isn't as high as it once was...oh well...

My girl Hillary has accepted the inevitable and graciously conceded to Obama. From this point, he is my candidate, but I am still hoping for a VP slot for Hillary. I honestly think that's the only way he can win. In honor of (and hopes for) the running mate, I will continue to conclude these missives with "Hillary in '08!!!"

In today's News From The Motherland... Spock plays The Fringe...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7436374.stm

HILLARY IN '08!!!

FLT3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, yes, you are ancient. You need to buy a walker and a cane. I just got glasses, so I guess I'm old too. But, 40 is the new 20, or something like that... so, it's all good in Kirkwood, and Homewood, and Eastwood, and Hollywood, and Ed Wood, and Balsa wood...