Monday, June 30, 2008

Tangerine Sublett - Part 2

As I start my day, I find my morning coffee filled with Tangerine... (no, that's not good...)

While the dawn approaches, Tangerine... (no, too flowery...)

Oh Tangerine, where art thou... (Sweet Mother of God, no...)

Let it suffice to say that I am starting my morning with Tangerine on my mind. (That wasn't an epigram worthy of Wilde by any means, but it'll do.) Yes, the career of Tangerine Sublett seems to have been a fairly brief one...

http://www.tv.com/tangerine-sublett/person/177775/summary.html

Above is a link to her admittedly short bio at tv.com. Her credits include...one episode of "Sanford & Son." That seems to have been the one jewel of a performance she gave the world. Her imdb.com listing (below) is equally succinct...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2341076/

One sometimes entertains flights of fancy, and I am no exception...I have the sudden urge to purchase an apartment building, paint it light orange and call it "Tangerine Sublet(t)s."

Chances are, I will control this urge.

Onward, onward...I am teaching at an arts camp for the first three days of this week, and then taking a weekend getaway with Lovey...a three hour tour of sorts...I am really looking forward to it.

This has nothing to do with anything...just a photo of a bulldog surfing. It made me smile. :-)
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//080628/photos_us_rank_afp/7e6670231653a2a685648e51eb2692ac/

In today's News From The Motherland...advertising pays off...with a cute baby! :-)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7480748.stm

Obama in '08!!!
FLT3

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I came across your post while randomly googling her name. Knew her 20 years ago when I was in Kansas City. At the time, she was cocktailing at the Pink Garter Strip-O-Rama on Main, supporting herself and a daughter who wasn't well. She may well not have done more film or tv work, but she had done quite a bit on stage, mainly in black burlesque, where she had worked with Redd Foxx. She was a real cut up. I don't know if she's still around, but good to see that at least something was captured for the ages. And yes, Tangerine Sublett was her real name. I don't know if she'd had it legally changed, but it was on her cards and id!

F. Curtis Reed said...

I knew Tangerine when I lived in Kansas City in late '60s early '70s. She was one of a kind. She worked on the strip on Troost Ave and I got a chance to meet Red Foxx on one of her shows.

Unknown said...

jr, from k.c. east-side late 60`s to early 70`s, there were 2 ramas and the box, on troost. later, when returning from the military and school, it had moved to main st. old enough to enter now, i saw her show. the front-door sign mentioned the sanford appearance. troost area, burn`s tavern next to the mayfair hotel, ken`s records, blue-lite jazz bar across from the ``strand theatre``, the town hall ballroom(40th troost). where we one evening, walking by saw two dudes unloading a u-haul. they asked for help, said we could see the show. this dude called himself j.b. jr.,he opened the show. we sat down in front, a guest of jr. walker and the all-stars. great show! after, ``what does it take``, we said good-bye, he thanked us, we stand and turn and the place is packed! great memorys! later k.c.,mexicali signing off, where ``me casa is tu casa`` east-side kansas cit-i-zen`s! later....

Unknown said...

Hello
I’m Tangerines daughter