Sunday, June 08, 2008

Non-Political

It was recently pointed out to me (by someone whose opinion I respect) that my posts of late have been rather politics-heavy. With that in mind, today's post will not discuss the upcoming election. (Yes, it will be tough, but I can do it...)

I started a new book this week, a new offering by one of my favorite authors, David Sedaris. His tongue-in-cheek diatribes about his family are touching, humorous, and ring frighteningly true to anyone who grew up with slightly eccentric siblings and parents (as did I.) Having been most entertained by Me Talk Pretty One Day and Barrell Fever in particular, I picked up the new book with great expectations (lower case...I did not purchase Dickens and Sedaris in tandem...) So far, it has not disappointed...

The Music Man opened to great success this weekend. We have an amazing cast, and the group has come together beautifully. I could not be more proud! We received a good review from The Birmingham News...
http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2008/06/music_man_gets_rousing_centers.html

Tomorrow (well, today, actually) I start a week-long gig teaching at the Clay County Arts Camp. I will probably wind up spending half my salary (admittedly, a generous one) in petrol, but I am looking forward to it. I will be doing quite a bit of improv, which is a particular favorite of mine...

Not much else to report...the temperature continues to inch perilously closer to 100 degrees...and it's only the first week of June...ye gods, as Zaneeta Shinn would say...

Off to sleep for a few hours and then the work week begins...c'est la vie!

NOTE: I only just now realized (11 June) that I did not include News From The Motherland previously...consider the oversight corrected as we look at George W.'s final trip as president...thank God... (okay, I promised no politics, so I'll stop there.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7447428.stm

FLT3

2 comments:

geekzapoppin said...

Frank, you'll die an old man standing on stage singing about band uniforms and librarians. Bet on it. :)

Darrell said...

Frank, a couple of weeks belated happy birthday, and you're not getting older, you're getting better. Terrific Harold Hill from opening to closing, and from six years ago seeing you in the role through today, your energy continues to electrify the audience.

Looking great, sounding great, and continuing to entertain. Thanks from the crowd. There is always a band for you, kid, and may your foot never get caught in the door.