Friday, August 08, 2008

More Spanish Gilligan and Midnight Special

I don't know why this amuses me so much...it just does...The Skipper's voice is too funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrTEAfd2oI0&feature=related

In another moment of joy... Andy Griffith sings "The Midnight Special." This is gold!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYDpXfiDuQ

Just a quick post while taking a break from getting scenes prepared for GREASE auditions, which are tomorrow and Sunday. If rumor is to be believed, we are going to have a very large turnout. I am sure I will probably hear ten thousand renditions of "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee," but that's part of the game... I am leaning towards casting with an eye towards the movie in terms of age. With all of the "mature" subject matter, I would be much more comfortable with twentysomethings as opposed to actual 16-year-olds. That said, the role of Sandy is already cast with an actual teenager (Kimberly Piazza) but she is very mature and can hold her own with the older "kids."

Lovey and I attempted to watch "Zoolander" last night with IV and V. We both fell asleep halfway through, not because it's a bad movie (it's very funny) but because it was 11:00. Of course, after driving home I was wide awake and stayed up until almost 2am. C'est la vie...

Cool weather is supposedly on the way. The weather forecast predicted lows in the mid-60's tomorrow night. That should be refreshing...

If I have started to discuss the weather, it's time to close. In today's News From The Motherland... Snoop Dogg takes Bollywood by storm!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7549301.stm

Obama In '08!!!

FLT3

2 comments:

Lee said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the turnout is huge! More people for me to boss around. :)

Aaron White said...

I kinda dig spanish Gilligan.