Saturday, December 06, 2008

Renewed Optimism...

Well, I finally broke down and emailed my friend Lloyd Schwartz and inquired about the "Gilligan's Island:The Musical" casting. His response was not exactly what I had hoped for (ie "your script is in the mail,") but the show has not yet been cast and I am, apparently, still in consideration. My optimism remains intact, and I sincerely thank everyone who has sent prayers, good wishes, and crossed fingers!

"The 1940's Radio Hour" opened this weekend to a good review. I am a bit concerned about the fact that tonight's performance competes with SEC Championship Saturday, but maybe we will have a good house.

"A CenterStage Christmas Celebration" also opened this weekend. It has been a logistical challenge, with a large cast, etc. but I am hopeful that it will do well.

If that wasn't enough theatre talk, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" (which I directed) opened at BCT this week. All seems to be going well on that front.

In keeping with the recent "Gilligan" theme, I have been searching for new jewels online...I have managed to locate the original cartoon theme song (this time in English, not German.) :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvTDDta0rUs

In today's News From The Motherland...good deeds from biker Santa(s)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7769327.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: