Monday, November 02, 2009

Stage Update and LaLa...

Day 49: ...and we're back!

Again, apologies for the missed days of blogging. I suppose my resolve to mirror "Julie and Julia" has been somewhat less than successful thus far, but the effort continues. Once we hit day 365, dear readers, we can have fun seeing how many actual days have passed... I am, as the saying goes, a flawed man, but my efforts will not cease...

The various shows with which I am involved are going swimmingly. Dames At Sea sets sail in two weeks, and it is coming together extremely well. We are under the direction of The Great (and I do not exaggerate) Jack Mann who can, as far as I am concerned, do no wrong. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was actually DIRECTED to play my 2nd act role as Jim Backus...oh what a treat, but when the eye-rolling commences, I hope anyone with that knowledge will explain that I was only following my director's instructions...by George! The rest of the cast is doing a great job, and the show will be a success...even more so if I can somehow get through the dance numbers without utterly embarassing myself...which may or may not be possible...

A Christmas Story, as of last night, is completely blocked and now we can really start the fun work. (A special shout-out to my dear friend and Assistant Director, Paul McCracken, who has been as good as gold from running rehearsal when I have been at Dames, to helping organize everything from props to publicity, and generally helping the train run smoothly.) I won't bore the reader with a list of names (for there are many) of those who are making A Christmas Story a joy...let it suffice to say that everyone involved is adding immeasurably to the warmth and high quality of the experience. Sonsabitchen Bumpuses... ;-)

Santa In Space begins rehearsal next week at BCT. More as it develops, but I have read the script and it is charming, funny, and cute...perfect fare for the kids at Christmas time.

Larry remains free. Long may he wave. Although I still mourn the departure of quite possibly the most amusing political figure in Birmingham history (and that's saying quite a lot) I have launched my own Facebook "campaign" for mayor...so I don't live in the city limits? Who cares? That never stopped Larry...

In today's News From The Motherland...Trouble at The Tower...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8337367.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: