Friday, January 07, 2005

Come To The Cabaret...

"Politically Incorrect Cabaret" rehearsal is tomorrow, followed by WHOREHOUSE auditions, so it should be a full day...the cabaret shows continue to get better and better, due largely to the efforts of co-creators Diane McNaron, Elise Mayer, and Andy Duxbury. Some of the material is truly worthy of the best of "Saturday Night Live" with a slightly more cerebral edge. They really have come up with some great material, and for my part, Dubya is just so damn easy to lampoon. It really is like shooting dead fish in a tiny barrel with a bazooka...

Well, inventory time is over at Rich's, and everyone survived. Two days of beginning work at 6:00 am did not kill me after all, although my sleep pattern is completely confused. For the past two nights I have gotten about 4 hours of sleep, punctuated by an hourly wake-up-and-check-the-clock ritual that always plagues me when I know I have to get up early. When I get done with work, I'll take a nap for a couple of hours, and then wake up to a darkened room, not knowing whether the 6:12 on the clock means am or pm...I'm not sure I really even know what day it is.


No comments: