Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Texas Has A Whorehouse In It...

Getting everything ready for WHOREHOUSE auditions is taking up a lot of this week's time. There seems to be a great deal of interest in the show, and I anticipate a good turnout this weekend. The Burt Reynolds/Dolly Parton film version was on one of the cable channels last night, so I took that as a good omen.

The "Politically Incorrect Cabaret" group is re-assembling this weekend to get started on the next installment of the always-entertaining political humor series. I will once again take the stage as the insincere, bumbling, malaproping George "Dubya" Bush. Andy Duxbury has written a hilarious duet for myself and "Laura" (played by Kim Dometrovich) to the tune of "Make Believe" from SHOW BOAT, and I understand that a rewritten version of "Ya Got Trouble" from THE MUSIC MAN is also in the works. This should be great fun. Oh, and while we're on politics...HILLARY IN '08!!!!!!!!!!

Not much else going on right now...I may be offered a full-time job at Rich's, which would really be not-so-bad now that the holidays are over. Peddling luggage isn't exactly a glamour job, but it's a paycheck...

I just started a wonderful new book called "Hotel Bemelmans" by Ludwig Bemelmans, best known for the series of "Madeline" children's books. It is hilarious, engaging, uproarious, and a close cousin to the best of P.G. Wodehouse. I recommend that everyone rush out to the bookstore and pick up a copy.

Signing off for now. I will try and write more regularly, but make no promises. :-)

FLT3

No comments: