Monday, January 17, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Yep...it's WINTER and I am WONDERing where the warm weather went in our LAND.

Today's high is barely supposed to break freezing, and tonight's low is 18 degrees. This is NOT the kind of weather for which one lives in Alabama. Leave this nonsense to those well above the Mason-Dixon line. Grrrr...

After almost 2 weeks of temperatures in the 70's, I have gotten very spoiled. Spring can not come soon enough for yours faithfully. Thoughts of sun, the beach, and heat advisories dance around my mind all day long, as the outdoor ice cooler continues to freeze over. I can only take comfort in the knowledge that by mid-February, we are usually enjoying lots of spring-like days with only the occasional burst of arctic air. If/when I ever make my fortune, I'm buying a house on the equator.

WHOREHOUSE is going well. Rich's is...well, it's a job. Yesterday, I got $5 and a candy bar (no joke) as a bonus for enticing a customer into opening a new in-house charge account. Beyond that, work has been uneventful.

FLT3

No comments: