Friday, February 10, 2006

Curious George, The Curious Little Monkey...

Okay, admit it, those of you who grew up in the 70's were singing the tune from the Curious George cartoons that used to come on "Captain Kangaroo," weren't you? :-) Today is opening day of "Curious George: The Movie," and I am proud to say that my 35-year-old-grown-up-adult behind will be in a seat at the theatre. I'm sure I will be about 6 times the age of most of the other patrons, but so what? As those of you who know me can well attest, I am a HUGE Curious George fan. (Have been since I was about 3 years old and first encountered the books.) I have decided that my other childhood addiction, "Gilligan's Island," actually overlaps with George's world... George lived in the jungle, right? Gilligan, The Skipper and company were always interacting with monkeys, right? There you are...Curious George was born on Gilligan's Island! (The only problem with this theory is that it makes The Man With The Yellow Hat yet another one of the heartless visitors to the island who left the castaways stranded...oh well, maybe he only had room on his boat for George... :-)

This has been a MUCH better day than yesterday, as I have been back at VHHS, leaving the evil brats of the middle school behind. It still baffles me how kids can go from completely out-of-control middle schoolers to normal, reasonable high schoolers in only a couple of years. C'est la vie, I suppose.

All is well on the theatre front. "The King & I" is going well, and the BATA Gala (sort of an annual get-together for local theatre groups, with everyone showing off a selection from an upcoming show) is this weekend. CenterStage will be presenting the "Shall We Dance" number, which should be very good.

Just 40 days until Spring arrives.

FLT3

No comments: