Thursday, February 09, 2006

Trying Not To Explode

By the time anyone reads this, I may be in jail for killing children. I am subbing today at Pizitz Middle School, and the kids are beyond uncontrolled. No amount of asking them sweetly to be quiet or yelling "SHUT UP" seems to be working. It's amazing to me how the same little hellians become relatively decent and normal when they reach High School. These kids are evil, though...rotten to the core. (Ask me how I really feel...)

There's only about an hour and a half to go...maybe I'll survive. No, rephrase that...maybe THEY will survive. I have really started to develop sympathies for all the middle-school teachers I thought to be so mean and unreasonable when I was 11 or 12. If my contemporaries and I were this awful (and I'm sure we were) it's amazing that we weren't all thrown in jail by 8th grade.

Oh well...that's why they pay me the big bucks, I guess...

FLT3

No comments: