Wednesday, November 14, 2007

God Bless Us Every One...

Yes, it's that time of year again...I have been cast once again as Bob Cratchit in BCT's A Christmas Carol, which is always one of my favorite holiday stories. Yes, it's syrupy, hackneyed, trite and predictable...and I love it! I have always read the Dickens book on Christmas Eve (you can read it in a couple of hours) and usually either perform in or see at least one stage version per year. Add to that the near-ubiquity of the various film incarnations, and it's pretty hard to escape Scrooge and Co. at the holidays!

A Christmas Story is moving along nicely. Ralphie's eye is still intact, but that BB gun could lead to trouble...

On a personal level, I am happy to say that my dad is out of hospital and back home. He seems to be recuperating slowly but steadily, which is just fine. I spent a little time with him this morning, and he seemed in good spirits.

Our London excursion draws closer...from 27 December to 03 January, I will be leading 15 people on a trip to The World's Greatest City...a few among us have never been, so I am looking forward to playing unofficial tour guide. Rule, Britannia!

Not much else going on right now...the pre-primaries continue apace. So far, my girl Hillary is doing well. A few missteps aside, I think the nomination is hers for the taking. Hopefully by this time next year, we will be reading news stories about President-Elect Clinton.

I will withold comment on Dubya the dumbass. I'm in a good mood and want to keep it that way.
The whole "I'm gonna veto health care for poor kids but give me countless billions for a pointless war" thing just gets me riled...

Today from The Motherland...some changes in EuroStar service to Paris.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7093761.stm

FLT3

No comments: