Thursday, November 15, 2007

Good Day Thought...

Today has been a very good day for a variety of reasons...won't bore any of my seven or eight readers with the details...it's just been a nice day.

That sort of set me thinking about the absolute crapshoot that is any given day...when we wake up in the morning, it's a clean slate. Nothing has yet happened, failed to happen, etc. All is possibility...then we begin to take actions and make decisions, and the day becomes whatever it will be. Granted, our actions mold and shape our outcomes, but there's quite a bit of random chance and dumb luck involved. If one was inclined towards Calvinism, predestination could be blamed. I, however, believe that God gives us the power to choose, and then sits back and watches us to see what happens...

Okay, moment of depth is over...here's a lovely story from The Motherland about a Swiss gentleman who blamed his excessive speeding on the absence of goats on the road.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5322302.stm

FLT3

1 comment:

Aaron White said...

Today as I was driving to work I heard a loud beeping, like a car alarm... and in my rear-view mirror I saw a fancy sports car (dunno which kind... I'm not a car guy)wiggling and weaving like a bumper car, narrowly missing the car in front, and crash nose-first into the railing. Guess that driver got snake eyes. I'm glad we're having a better day than that!