Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful...

Somewhere in one of his commentaries, professional curmudgeon Andy Rooney said that Thanksgiving is a "good, quiet, low-key holiday." I agree. Basically, the day consists of eating, sleep, and more eating. Not a bad way to spend an autumn afternoon...

It finally feels like autumn. Outside, the trees have turned a Norman Rockwell brown/red/orange and there is a definite nip in the air. Even for us warm weather fans, it's kind of nice.

I won't get obscenely maudlin and do a syrup-laden "this is what I am thankful for" essay, but I will say this...I have a pleasant, satisfying life, some good friends and a loving family. I am lucky, and I know it. :-)

Paula Deen is prattling on the tv screen across the room...I find it very amusing that she keeps talking about "using her grandma's pot" or "how wonderful grandma's pot always was" or my favorite..."grandma's pot was just something special." Yes, she's talking about an antique cooking utensil, but the thought of Paula and Grandma Deen getting completely baked is entertaining...perhaps that's why Paula became a cook...

In today's News From The Motherland, a look at the colonies...and the good news that The Grinch has not stolen Christmas after all...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7107264.stm

FLT3

2 comments:

geekzapoppin said...

Now if only she'd comment on "the Old Crow who used to roost in Grandma's back yard."

FLT3 said...

Oh yeah...DA CROW!!!!!

Love you, miss you...how are Max and Susan?

Love,
Gov