Saturday, October 17, 2009

From The Deck Of The Ship...

Day 45: I remember Pensacola...
-From the musical Dames At Sea.

As I write, the cheerful tones of "Choo Choo Honeymoon" are being played and sung behind me. Yes, I am at rehearsal, and so glad of it. Dames At Sea is a musical so happy it makes Anything Goes look like an Ibsen drama...well, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. We perform November 12-14 at Hoover Library Theatre, for those who may be interested.

Well, the Trial Of The Century begins next week, assuming Larry doesn't cop a plea. (The Larry in reference is Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford, for those who do not follow our local politics.) As blatantly guilty as he appears to be of all sorts of malfeasance, I can't help admiring (albeit with a shake of my head) a pure charlatan showman, which describes Larry to a T. He is a real-life Harold Hill, but zanier. His trial is sure to be a circus, and he may well emerge as ringmaster. More on this as it develops...

In today's News From The Motherland...shark bites man.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8312805.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: