Thursday, December 09, 2004

Another Good Performance

Just settling in after a fine, solid performance of "Peter Pan," which I have directed for CenterStage, the theatre group for which I am Artistic Director. We opened last weekend with three good performances, and following a couple of days off, we seem headed for a successful second weekend. Audiences have been (for the most part) large and responsive, and I could not have asked for a more talented, good-natured cast. Our spring show, which I am also directing, is "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" which should be fun.
Birmingham is a ridiculously conservative town in many ways, but so far there has been great advance interest in "Whorehouse," at least among the arts community. As with any arts organization, we have to be very aware of what will "sell," and I think we can look forward to large audiences for "Whorehouse."
Not much else to add...please visit our website at www.centerstage-productions.org to see what we're all about, and check out www.centerstage-productions.org/panbios/panbio.htm for a look at the wonderful cast of "Peter Pan."

2 comments:

geekzapoppin said...

I'm just disappointed that I wasn't cast as Peter. You don't think Foy could fly a 275lb man?

FLT3 said...

My Dear Mrs. Maine:

How on Earth did you miss such an important moment in the show, which was added just for you? I fear that the libations technician at the theatre is slipping Absinthe into the cocktails once again. I have reminded her more than once that such exotic ingredients are to be saved for the "after-party." I can only hope that the silver lining to this error is that you were able to see a more vivid and well-defined "Tinkerbell" than the rest of the audience.
I have spoken with the master of the corps de ballet, Lord Raymond Quintero, who assures me that the pirates will be happy to re-assemble at the Duxbury/Thompson estate next weekend and offer a private performance of their greatest dances. See you there!
FLT3