Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Holly And The Ivy...

...when they are both full-grown,
of all the trees that are in the wood,
the holly bears the crown...

No significance here...just the opening verse of my favorite Christmas Carol.

It was a very nice Christmas, beginning with an overnight (which turned into 2-night) visit to my parents' house on Christmas Eve. The next morning brought a 6:30am arrival at my sister's house for gift-exchanging and breakfast. My sister and her family, my parents, my grandmother, and a couple of friends had a good time visiting and enjoying Christmas morning. Just a few hours later brought an excellent (as always) Christmas dinner back at my parents' house. After a huge meal, the rest of the day was spent relaxing and reading, or watching the 24-hour marathon showing(s) of "A Christmas Story" ("You'll shoot your eye out, kid!")

Early day at Rich's tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be busy. :-)

No "Carnivale" tonight, but HBO showed 4 consecutive episodes of "The Sopranos" which were outstanding.

I received several books for Christmas, including a collection of the writings of Theodore Roosevelt, and I look forward to some interesting reading.

Happy Christmas to all...

FLT3

No comments: