Saturday, December 11, 2004

Two To Go!

Another good night last night...with several other Christmas shows going on in town, not to mention multiple productions of "The Nutcracker," we had an enthusiastic crowd of just over 180, which in a 300-seat theatre feels nicely filled. Our pre-sale for tonight is at 150, and tomorrow's matinee is at 212. Birmingham is a big "walk-up" town, so I am hopeful and optimistic about our chances for ending with a sold-out performance.

I have been working a holiday job at Rich's department store for some extra Christmas money. Retail at the holidays is rough, but at least I am in luggage, which is a slightly less-traveled area of the store. Being an hourly employee (non-commissioned) also allows one the luxury of not giving a rat's arse whether the annoying woman with five screaming kids, a perpetually ringing cell phone and a bad attitude buys a 500-dollar Tumi carry-on, a 25-dollar cardboard suitcase, or for that matter, drops dead on the spot. Fa-la-la-la-la...

It's threatening to turn truly cold for the first time this winter. Tonight's low may dip into the upper 20's, and I am already counting the days until spring. Someday, when I make my fortune, I will definitely buy a little house somewhere along the equator. :-)


No comments: