Monday, September 03, 2007

History Again at The Tower

From The Motherland...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6975559.stm

It looks as if one of the last bastions of the old-boy network has been breached. For the first time in history, a female Beefeater is on duty at The Tower of London. I must say, "well done!"

Admittedly, I am a traditionalist when it comes to The Sceptered Isle. I mourned the passing of the barristers' wigs, I long for the return of Latin to the C of E services, and if the pound sterling gives way to the euro, I may have to take to my bed...

However, I am definitely a progressive in terms of equal opportunity. If there are women who wish to serve as yeoman warders at The Tower (and obviously there are) I think they should be given the opportunity.

In other news, the VST Gala continues to grow and blossom. I do hope it will be well-attended...I may have to send out a mass email later tonight. I usually hate the "come and see my show" propaganda that surrounds the opening of a performance, but this is something special...

Today is Labor Day. I think we all need a pleasant, quiet, low-key holiday once in a while, and Labor Day fills the bill quite nicely. It's sort of like Thanksgiving or Easter...not a frenzied high-intensity holiday...just calm and restful.

Rehearsal begins tomorrow at BCT for Rumplestiltskin. I am very happy to say that my good friend Ron Dometrovich is in the show, so I will look forward to the performances...even the tour won't be so gruelling with a friend along for the trip. Of course the paycheck is another nice incentive...

FLT3

No comments: