Thursday, September 27, 2007

Home-School Day

It's home school day at BCT...wooo hooo! We just finished the first of three performances, and I can honestly say that we performed for more adults than kids. They were a sedate crowd, but really seemed to like the show.

Home schooling is an interesting phenomenon...it certainly leaves open the opportunity for abuses, as does just about anything, but for those who truly stress social interaction for the kids (ie scouts, theatre, athletics, etc.) it seems to work pretty well. The homeschoolers I have known have been, for the most part, very intelligent and well-educated...one does hear horror stories, though...

Thoroughly Modern Millie continues to make her way towards opening. I think we will be in good shape. I am really impressed with the vocal abilities of this cast...I don't recall such a strong group of singers in any recent shows.

Planning to see MCAT's Bye Bye Birdie this weekend. I have several good friends in the show, and it truly is one of my favorite musicals. The reviews have been uniformly positive, so I am anticipating enjoying it.

Considered buying a 2001 Mazda 626 yesterday...the price was right, and the car looked good, but after talking to several friends who know much more than I about cars (which isn't hard) I was advised that Mazdas tend to run out of steam around the 90k mark, and this one wasn't too far from it...the search continues, and must accelerate. My friends are getting tired of carting me around.

Today from The Motherland...a BIG baby... :-)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7015841.stm

FLT3

No comments: