Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Feet

I have been thinking a lot about my feet lately. I am just reaching the point in life (40 looms imminent...oh God...) where the statement "my feet hurt" is starting to pass my lips with alarming frequency. I have never given a great deal of thoght to my pieds before now, and it's sort of amazing when you consider just how much our feet really do...assuming I learned to walk somewhere around the age of 1, my feet have been picked up and put down thousands of times each day for the past 37 years. That's a lot of punishment for a body part.

In one of his finest moments on "Hollywood Squares," the late great Paul Lynde was asked the following:

"What is the most abused and neglected part of the body?" (The answer: the feet.)

Lynde's response: "Well, mine has certainly been abused but never neglected..."

Perhaps it loses something in the re-telling in typeface, but insert Lynde's delivery and nasty snicker and you've got a comedic bon mot of epic proportions. The fact that he was wearing a leisure suit somehow made it even better...

Lovey has very pretty feet. Just thought I'd mention that.

My own feet are unremarkable, but slightly large. (Size 10 1/2) They are certainly not freakish, but just large enough that my shoes have been compared to boats on occasion.

Enough about feet. In today's News From The Motherland...those noisy scouts strike again...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/7509198.stm

Obama in '08!!!

FLT3

No comments: