Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally Facing My Waterloo...

At least I hope I'm Lord Admiral Nelson and not General Bonaparte...

Lovey and I saw "Mamma Mia" and I am still reeling from the ABBA-fest. ABBA has always been one of my favorite bands (yes, I'm that old) and hearing all this beloved music in an entirely new framework was exhilarating. No, Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan are not A-list singers, but it just didn't matter...they sold the songs, and the entire movie was a joy. I never stopped smiling! I was a bit disappointed when my favorite-of-all-time ABBA song (Waterloo) was not included in the film...and then at the very end, Meryl's character looks directly into the screen (4th wall shattered all to hell, but so what) and asks "Do you want one more?" Guess what...WATERLOO!!!! I was, to say the least, very pleased.

For those who love the song as much as I, a link...funky fashions and dance moves are a bonus treat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUz5zXywhY

In today's News From The Motherland... Prince William update.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7534769.stm

OBAMA IN '08!!!

FLT3

1 comment:

Selina said...

Still catching up on your blog. Was Mamma Mia not THE BEST??!!!! I saw the stage show in London so was ecstatic when it made it to film. I must confess, I saw the movie 8 times. It became my Sunday afternoon habit. Dancing Queen evokes every emotion I have - when the old lady throws her bundle of sticks on the ground I whoop and holler like a banshee. I have listened to the soundtrack so many times that I have actually convinced myself Pierce Brosnan has a great voice (and who cares anyway - he is still a hunk!!!)