Friday, October 07, 2005

Another Weekend Arrives...

...and the world rejoices. Today brought the first truly chilly weather of the year. The temperature hovered in the mid-60's all day, and sweaters & jackets mysteriously appeared from closets across the city.

Lloyd Schwartz joined us tonight for the final week of rehearsal leading up to opening night of The Phantom Of The Opry. He seemed happy with the condition of the show, and I think we are in good shape for the week ahead and opening. Lloyd will be in town for the run of the show, and it will be nice to have him here.

I had a nice telephone conversation with my grandmother this afternoon. She is still going strong at 84, and is quite a special lady. She sometimes reads what I post here, so I guess I'd better try and keep it reasonably clean!

On the political front, it's interesting to see that Karl Rove is finally being held at least somewhat accountable for his sins, and that Dubya's approval ratings are going through the floor. I suppose that's what happens when you lie to the people on a daily basis, break the law with impunity, and start a senseless war. Hopefully the reign of the Republicans is about to be over. The 2006 midterm elections should start the ball rolling, making way for Hillary in '08.

The Clintons will be back. Let the party continue.

FLT3

No comments: