Saturday, October 01, 2005

Off To The Ball...

This morning was the first round of auditions for Cinderella, which Melissa is directing. It will be nice to have a little break before I direct The King & I in the spring. There was a pretty good turnout today, and as there is another audition tomorrow afternoon, I am sure she will have no difficulty in assembling a good cast.

The Phantom Of The Opry continues to develop quite well. Lloyd will be joining us in about a week for the last few rehearsals before opening. It's exciting to work alongside the playwright, and I think we're going to have a very good and enjoyable show.

It's shaping up to be a nice day outside, and I may have to do something outdoors. There are at least two or three very nice little parks within walking distance, so an afternoon stroll may be in my future. The couple downstairs has about ten million dogs, and I can hear them all excitedly heading out for a walk. Remember the neighbor's dogs in the movie A Christmas Story? Well, substitute pug puppies for scruffy hound dogs, and that's a fairly accurate description of what now heads down the back stairs. The pups are cute, but I can only imagine the smell inside that little apartment. Actually, scratch that...I don't WANT to imagine the smell...

I have my first test in Educational Psychology on Monday. Piaget's Theory and Maslow's Hierarchy of Need, and other enjoyable, light reading. (To tell the truth, it's not so bad...even kind of interesting.) I haven't taken a test since law school, which was over 5 years ago, so it'll be interesting to see just how many brain cells I have left. I would guess around 7 or 8 at least...

Today is the first day of October. Celebrate accordingly. :-)

FLT3

No comments: