Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday, Sunday...

I have always enjoyed Sundays. There's a serenity and happy glow to Sunday that goes all the way back to childhood for me...especially in the summertime. I always associate Sundays with going to church, going someplace nice for lunch, and then just relaxing for the rest of the day. Obviously, some Sundays are more full than that, but the overall flavor of the day is one of contentment and coziness.

When I was living in Tuscaloosa, I went to Christ Episcopal, which was a little grey church with a tiny courtyard and a beautiful little sanctuary...I always felt peaceful there. Having grown up in Birmingham, I have always gone to church at Advent, which is much more grand but equally soothing. When I was a kid I used to want to be left entirely alone in the church so I could take a nap on the pews...I suppose they have rules against such things, but it always sounded so restful...

Sunday nights always have had an appeal as well...I find myself going to Books-A-Million frequently on Sunday nights, especially in cold weather. Getting a coffee and browsing the shelves while the cold wind and rain spits and sputters outside always seems comfy, safe, and good.

Sort of a rambling rumination on Sundays today... I think I'll leave it there. I'll hold forth on politics, theatre, my life, etc. next time. Today's post is just warm, fuzzy, and happy.

After all...it's Sunday... :-)

FLT3

No comments: