Monday, January 14, 2008

Playing With The Big Kids...

Well, it's a little before 6, and I am sitting in a friend's office at Virginia Samford Theatre...(thanks, Lucas!) Since he does not know I am here, I will refrain from spitting on the floor or stealing things. I never do either of those things anyway, but I will definitely not start right now. :-)

Above me I can hear the kids rehearsing for the Les Miserables:Student Edition production, which is coming up soon. I love the show and know several of the young people in it, so I am sure I will enjoy seeing it.

I am hanging out here waiting for my 7:00 rehearsal...I am at Bham Children's Theatre until 5:00, so it makes little sense to go home between the two. I am in rehearsal for I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, which is the subject of my headline today...

ILYYPNC is a 4-person show, and my three co-stars are Jan Hunter, Kristi Tingle-Higginbotham, and Howard Green. For those who do not know Birmingham theatre, these guys are the cream of the crop. I have done shows with each of them, but never all together. I am, as I said, definitely "playing with the big kids." It is going to be a wonderful show...very funny with delightful music (most of which has a 50's-ish doo-wop feel.) We open on Valentine's Day, for those who are interested. I strongly recommend it...it's going to be a great show!

On the political front, it appears that Obama is pulling slightly ahead of my girl Hillary in the Nevada polls, but she is still within the margin of error. I think this contest will be hard-fought, but I have faith...she can do it...HILLARY IN '08!

Not much else to say today...it's cold outside, but even I have to admit it's kind of nice. I have enjoyed actually getting to wear sweaters and coats for a few days.

Today from The Motherland...you're never too old to dance...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cambridgeshire/7185908.stm


FLT3

No comments: