Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Marathon Begins With The First Step...

Welcome back, old readers (all five of you) and greetings to what I hope will be many new followers of my random musings! As some of you know, I have kept this blog in a very on-again-off-again manner for several years now. Well, under the influence of Julia and Julie (or is it Julie and Julia?) I am making a vow to blog every day for a year.

Do I promise anything amazing? Not at all. Will there be a running theme? Absolutely not. Will each day continue to feature the oh-so-beloved "News From The Motherland" segment? You can count on it!
For the newcomers, expect the following:

.Utterly random observations on utterly inconsequential (but hopefully interesting) everyday items and occurrences.
. Political ranting with a decidedly liberal bent.
. News of the various goings-on in the Birmingham, AL, theatre community.
. The occasional soul-baring emotional diatribe.
. Many references to "Gilligan's Island," England, Musical Theatre, Witty Things Said By My Friends, and Current Events Of The Day.

...I hope you will all enjoy and comment as often as you like. If I know someone is actually reading, I might even make it 365 days!

And now... in today's News From The Motherland, a crackdown on fund-raising "chuggers" in the London streets...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8210496.stm

FLT3

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Hurrah!--the uncool, non-facebook crowd appreciates the long-awaited return of the FLT3 blog. Always enjoy the News from the Motherland, as well as comments from the never-at-a-loss for words blogmeister.

Keep up the Blog. I started to begin a Facebook Group to support the resurrection of the FLT3 Blog, but then again, I don't have a Facebook, so it presented a slight obstacle I was unable or unwilling to overcome.

Looking forward to seeing Our Town at South City this weekend. And welcome back to the Blog.