Saturday, August 29, 2009

Randomness Redux

Day 11: Mind The Gap.

I am passingly certain that I have titled at least one previous post "Randomness," hence the title of today's post, which I can already tell will be somewhat...well...random.

It is good to let the mind wander sometimes. While I can't say that I have created any great works of literature whilst (I know, it's affected, but I love the word "whilst") just letting my focus roam, I do believe that it has helped nurture my creativity. Free-flowing rambling can do that...

Today's newspaper has the usual assortment of cute pet photos in the LifeStyle section. Every Sunday the sweet little animals are there. There's something comforting in that.

Speaking of the newspaper, the crossword puzzles are getting too simple. I don't require a Sunday New York Times level of challenge, but neither do I want to finish in five minutes.

While (ok, I'll indulge myself) whilst still a huge fan of Jim & Nick's, I have been slightly disappointed in my last couple of trips to the bbq mecca. They appear to be getting a bit lax in re the basting of the meat in sauce while it cooks, leaving the meal as simply smoked pork with sauce poured on at serving time. REAL bbq afficionados know that the slow-cooked process involves much application of sauce during the process. The little scorched bits of end meat and caramelized sauce add immeasurably to the flavor. For the record, however, the coconut cream pie remains brilliant.

When I strike my fortune (however that may come to pass) I would love to have a driver. I know that sounds ridiculously self-indulgent, and will most likely never happen, but one of the greatest luxuries of which I can conceive is to have someone to drive me wherever I need to go. I really don't like to drive very much. I am also bad at it, as the multiple dings and scratches on my car can attest.

It's been raining a lot lately, which may portend the arrival of an early fall, which would suit me fine. I used to hate cool weather, but over the past couple of years, it has truly grown on me.

...enough randomness for now. :-)

In today's News From The Motherland...the Notting Hill Carnival begins!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8228270.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: