Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ten Times Your Money...

Day 5: It's interesting to note that in today's television climate The Brady Bunch would not be a large enough family to qualify for a reality show.

I thought I had struck it rich today. I was given my change at the Piggly Wiggly and among the coins was a 1944 Mercury dime. Visions of a coin collector offering thousands fueled my avaricious fantasies. I was going to make my fortune on a stroke of luck...having been handed a priceless coin as change...

After consulting Google, I now know that the coin is worth a staggering TEN TIMES it's face value! (Which is a dollar. ;-)

Lesson for the day, kids...it may sound like a great deal, multiplying your money by a factor of ten, but if all you start with is a dime, it's not that impressive.

In today's News From The Motherland...UK casualties in Afghanistan continue to climb...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8203711.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: