Sunday, September 25, 2005

I Always Thought A Hurricane Was A Drink...

More destruction in New Orleans, now that Rita has made herself known. I don't think I have ever been to the 9th Ward per se, but I do love New Orleans. The irony is that I used to have a t-shirt that said "I love New Orleans for the weather...especially the HURRICANES!" (Obviously in reference to the beyond-potent beverage so often associated with Mardi Gras.) That shirt was donated to Goodwill years ago, but I remember it well.

The good news appears to be that the flooding is not as severe as that experienced with Katrina. Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon.

As usual, church and breakfast with the parents. We had our customary nice visit, which is always one of the bright spots of my week. There is an older couple who sits in front of us every week, and the husband (Walt)& I usually crack a few jokes together. Today there was no priest waiting to greet the congregation at the back of the church (there usually is) so Walt extended his hand and indicated that he would be willing to serve as interim pope, allowing the congregants to kiss his ring as they exited. He's a nice and funny guy. (Although I did have to remind him that we're Anglican...our allegiance would be more to Canterbury than to Rome.) Oh well, it did make a good joke.

PHANTOM OF THE OPRY continues apace, and will be quite a good show. More details as they arise. Happy Sunday!

FLT3

No comments: