Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Lovely Day So Far

Well, it's Sunday morning at 11:30, and I have already been to church with my parents (7:30...who says I'm not a dutiful son? I don't even think God is up at that hour.) As per our usual ritual, we went to Original Pancake House for breakfast after the service. I decided to surprise them and go to church one Sunday last May, and somehow I've fallen into the routine of making it a weekly event. Despite the hour, I really do look forward to it. I have always enjoyed church, and Sunday breakfast is the one time every week I regularly see my parents. We always have a nice visit, and today was no exception. There's just a hint of fall in the air, and although I usually get quite depressed at the onset of cooler weather, the hint of a breeze has actually been quite pleasant.

CenterStage board meeting this afternoon, with several administrative tasks to accomplish. Andy Duxbury is our incoming board president, and I am quite sure that he will do an excellent job. We are well into rehearsal for The Phantom Of The Opry, and next week's BRAVO! festival, which is a sort of showcase, featuring excerpts from all the Bham arts groups' upcoming seasons.

So...as Bertie Wooster once said, "The sky is blue, the birds are chirping, and there's optimism in the air." Hopefully the rest of the day will be as pleasant and agreeable as the morning has been.

Today is September 11th. Please remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in whatever way you choose.

FLT3

No comments: