Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back On Track

Day 20: I have the best friends in the world.

Having taken another (hopefully understandable to my readers) two-day hiatus, I am now completely back on track. I had assumed after Monday's posting, all would be back to semi-normal, but how mistaken I was! As unpleasant as it may sound, I would encourage everyone to make as many funeral plans as possible while still living. I had no idea it took so much planning and decision-making in an extremely short time.

At any rate, my dad's funeral was extremely nice, if such an adjective can be applied. The clergy and florist and all the dozens of others who helped were outstanding, and it was well-attended. He was given a first-class sendoff, which is exactly what he would have wanted. Many many thanks to all my friends who called, emailed, came to the viewing and/or funeral, and just generally rallied around. I love you all, and thank you.

Now...looking ahead, I am eager to get started on rehearsal for Dames At Sea, which will begin in a couple of weeks. There is also Santa In Space at BCT, in which I play an alien. I smell a Tony. Toss in a couple of Vulcan performances and an installment or two of Politically Incorrect Cabaret, and it looks like the fall will be pretty full theatrically.

Speaking of theatrics, The Trial Of Larry Langford begs to be musicalized, and I think my friend Debbie Buie is working on it right now. I do hope Sherman Helmsley will be available for the title role. If the guy who played the prosecuting attorney in My Cousin Vinny is still alive, he would make a good Jim Parkman...perhaps the Jabba The Hutt puppet for John Katapodis?

In today's News From The Motherland...continued debate over global warming...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8249668.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

1 comment:

Julie Steward said...

It's always good to get back to the blog, but take time off as you need to, honey!