Saturday, September 26, 2009

Telling The Truth

Day 34: A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
- Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

Today's topic is the truth. As in, I am not telling the truth when I date this post for Saturday. It is being written and back-dated on Sunday. Now that the pesky disclaimers are out of the way, I can talk about Saturday and use the word "yesterday" instead of "today," and Sunday will not have to be called "tomorrow." That's just too much trouble for a ruse that is neither amusing nor profitable...

Yesterday (Saturday) seemed to bear out the theory that I am simply not destined to grace the interior of a college football arena. As with last week's cancelled trip to the old alma mater, my weekend excursion to Auburn was scotched at the semi-last minute. Flu-like symptoms from Lovey prevented her going, I asked another friend but did not hear back, and then my prospective hosts sent me a text saying that while I was still certainly invited, the weather forecast was for a 100% chance of rain at kickoff.

God and The Universe do not have to beat me about the head.

After all was said and done, Lovey recovered somewhat and we enjoyed a small outing to the Sidewalk Film Festival and took in a movie (which I will discuss in greater detail in Sunday's post) and stopped by the Greek Food Festival for a bite to eat. A low-key, early evening seems to have put her back in the pink of health, and the only casualty was what would have been a delightful visit with good friends. I have great faith that many such visits lie ahead, however...

Our read-through for Dames At Sea went extremely well, and I am looking forward to playing the dual role of Hennesey/Captain. The cast is extremely talented, and we are in the hands of a first-rate production staff, so I forsee a total success.

In today's News From The Motherland...Madonna tops the charts...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8277463.stm

Cheers!
FLT3

No comments: